|Winky, one of 66 animals surrendered|
We are also grateful to the Alex Sterling Foundation for kicking off a $3,000 donation for dog houses as a part of our Yukon Project. An additional $3,000 was raised to match the generous donation by Denise and Steve Sterling and a total of 120 dog houses and 120 bales of straw were ordered. A huge thanks also to ADMC Distribution and Chuck & Don's for partnering with us so we could obtain substantial discounts on the price of the dog houses and for delivering at the dog houses directly to the tribal police headquarters in Cass Lake.
At our one day we provided the following services:
- 44 animals came in for wellness checks and vaccinations
- 66 animals were surrendered
- Approximately 90 dog houses with a bale of straw were distributed [the remaining 30 dog houses were distributed the following week]
- 30+ large bags of winter wear (hats, mittens, coats, gloves) and school supplies were given to the Leech Lake tribe for distribution to the children of Leech Lake Reservation. Many thanks to our Leech Lake Legacy supporters, Hats and Mittens, and to the Animal Humane Society, Now Board and Grand Ave Pet Hospital for reaching out to their customers/supporters and having donation bins at their locations. A much larger donation of winter wear is on the way from the Helen Woodward Animal Center in California (miigwech to our partner Native America Humane Society for this new connection) ... more info to come on this soon.
- Approximately three thousand pounds of dog and cat food were distributed
A HUGE thanks to all the LLL volunteers, and a special thanks to our volunteer vet, Dr. Dani.
|The first family to pick up a dog house at our clinic!|
|Dr. Dani stays busy ally day seeing 4-legged patients|
|Waiting to see Dr. Dani|
For more photos click here.