|Cici gave birth to Gabby on Dec. 20, 2014|
[Photo on left: to read more about Cici's story .. click here]
Because of our generous supporters, 2014 was an amazing year for Leech Lake Legacy:
• We transported and re-homed over 1,000 dogs and cats.
• We hosted four spay/neuter clinics on the Reservation where 363 dogs and cats were altered. We also provided wellness checks and vaccines for another 512 dogs and cats.
• We held 12 surrender events where more than 491 animals were surrendered and transferred to our partner rescues and shelters in Minnesota.
• We provided emergency medical care to countless dogs and cats needing immediate attention.
• We distributed 289 doghouses and bales of straw for outside Reservation dogs as a part of The Yukon Project. We also distributed cathouses for feral and community cats.
• We distributed more than 50,000 pounds of dog and cat food to pet owners.
• In partnership with The Native America Humane Society and other partners, we collected and distributed over 6,500 winter wear items (hats, gloves, scarves and coats) and over 1,000 school supplies for the children of Leech Lake Reservation. A special thanks to the Helen Woodward Animal Center for securing a majority of the winter wear donation.
Our goals for 2015 are even greater. We will host eight events at Leech Lake Reservation offering spay/neuter and/or wellness services. Every month, we will host a surrender event, which provide an opportunity for residents to surrender animals for which they are no longer able to care. We will collaborate with Red Lake Rosie’s Rescue to offer two spay/neuter/wellness clinics at White Earth Reservation. We will continue our weekly transports of dogs and cats from the Leech Lake Impound, and will be working on education and outreach programs in partnership with the Leech Lake Tribal College. And inevitably, there will be injured animals on the Reservation who will need immediate and often expensive medical care.
In order to continue the transports, the clinics, and provide emergency care to injured animals and shelter for outside Reservation dogs and cats, we need your support. If you would like to contribute to Leech Lake Legacy, you can make an online donation at www.leechlakelegacy.org/donate or send a donation to:
Leech Lake Legacy
PO Box 385454
Bloomington, MN 55438
On behalf of the Reservation animals, we wish you Happy Holidays … and with your support, we commit to serving reservation animals and the people who love them.
Chi miigwech/Many thanks,
Marilou Chanrasmi Jenny Fitzer
President/Co-Founder Co-Founder/Program Director
|Flash was surrendered to LLL on 12/13/14. He is in a temp foster home recovering from a wound.|
He apparently is pretty comfy in his foster home :)
|Where's Waldo ... no, Where's Flash??|